The COVID-19 pandemic has taken the world by storm and presented many challenges to business owners worldwide. Ecommerce websites provide an opportunity for businesses to sell their products online, even in times where their shop doors need to stay closed due to lockdowns and other circumstances.
When it comes to ecommerce websites, there are two main platforms that should garner your attention, and these are Shopify and Woocommerce. These two platforms have definitely become two of the most popular and successful ecommerce platforms out there.
In this article, we’ll have a look at all the pros and cons associated with Woocommerce and Shopify so that you can make an informed decision when it comes to choosing the ideal platform for your ecommerce website.
- Specialised customisation- With tons of different plugins and options, Woocommerce allows you to build the site of your dreams by making use of their specialised customisations.
- Flexible growth- Woocommerce’s platform is easily scalable. So as your business grows, so will your ecommerce website.
- Cost-effective- Woocommerce is definitely one of the most affordable ecommerce platforms out there. It’s free to download and has a range of cost-effective plugins to enjoy.
The only real con involved with Woocommerce is the fact that it is pretty difficult to use. If you’re attempting to use it without having any web development knowledge, you’ll definitely run into some difficulties.
- Easy to use- Shopify is very easy to implement, and even those with no web development background could work their way around the platform as it doesn’t require any code.
- 24/7 Support- Shopify offers you 24/7 365 customer support!
- Sell on other platforms- Shopify is completely integrated, and you can use the platform to sell on many other channels.
When it comes to Shopify, you can expect to encounter significantly more expenses than Woocommerce. Shopify comes along with transaction charges as well as fairly pricey plugins,
Are you interested in having a responsive, fully functional ecommerce website built for your business? Great idea! Get in touch with the ecommerce experts at Spin Design today, and we can start working on your dream site.